If you are looking for a way to serve at CITW, please contact Sr. Julia by email at citw at citwretreat.com. We have numerous ways for you to be involved, whether you are an individual looking for a quick project or you belong to a group looking for a weekend service opportunity. Whatever your interests and talents, we will work with you to tailor the right project for your needs, skills and time frame. Here are examples of how you might be able to lend your talents:
- Clearing invasive plants on the property
- Planting new trees and plants
- Helping with building maintenance projects
- Envelope stuffing for newsletters, appeal letters and fundraiser announcements
“Wilderness Kitchen” Projects
- Peeling apples, pears and other fruits for jams sold to raise funds
Professional/Business Expertise and Resources
Do you possess expertise in a given profession or field that could be used to help the ministry of CITW? Perhaps you own your own business and/or have equipment that could be used to help the ministry? Or, perhaps you have a particular talent that is needed?
If you would be interested in donating your time, experience, and/or your equipment, we would love to speak with you. Here are some needs that we currently have, most of which can be done from your home and don’t require travel to CITW:
- Assisting with bookkeeping, accounting and finances
- Maintaining our retreatant, volunteer and donor databases
- Assisting with our promotional efforts, including newsletter writing/design, making introductory phone calls to church and organizational leaders and giving talks to interested groups on the benefits of a retreat of solitude
- Fundraising and development
- Board of Directors or one of its committees: Marketing, Development, Finance and Mission Effectiveness (BOD membership not required to serve on a Committee)
If you are interested in any of the above volunteer opportunities or would like to learn more, please contact our Executive Director, Sr. Julia Bathon, OSF by email at citw at citwretreat.com or by phone at 815-947-2476.
Here is a list of key needs that would be an asset to our ministry:
- Hermitage Needs – e.g., linens, towels, chair cushions, small appliances, vacuum cleaner, laundry detergent
- Office Supply Needs – e.g., copier/printer paper, address labels, envelopes, note cards, printer ink cartridges
- Grounds Needs – e.g., bird seed, maple/oak trees, prairie plants, gravel for road/parking lot
- Maintenance Needs – e.g., equipment replacement, such as bar chain oil for saws, wood chipper, snow blade for ATV
- Main House Needs – e.g., cooking, baking and canning supplies
- Auction Items for Fundraisers
Contact Sr. Julia if you have one or more of these items or would be interested in purchasing them on behalf of CITW, or if you have something that is not on the list, but that you believe would be an asset to CITW. She will get back to you as soon as possible to confirm if it is something that will be of benefit and also to coordinate delivery of the item(s), if necessary.